I got this blog award from Zanzana already a year ago, but couldn’t find the time to pass it forward (whoops). But now is the time! Thank you, Zanzana, for being the first of my readers to contact me with such an honor. Thank you.
Being a horseaddict, my blogosphere is more or less full of horses as well. Well, what can I say? It’s a lifestyle, not just a hobby.
I tend to read lots of different blogs, but my favorites are most often bloggers who I can learn from. In the riding sphere there are many good bloggers who share their philosophy and thoughts on horses and horse sport.
The rules for this award are the following:
- Display the award logo on your blog;
- Link back to the person who nominated you;
- State 7 things about yourself;
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about myself
- I’m a versatile horse person and never understood people who could just stick to one type of horse sport -like for example those girls who were Dressage Riders and Dressage Riders Only. You can do so many things with horses, why wouldn’t you try out different things? It’s important to be passionate but there’s no need for blindfolding yourself. Just saying.
- I am currently owner of one finnhorse mare. She had her first foal in June 2013 and the next one should be born in May 2014. Needless to say I’m very excited to see how they turn out.
- In my opinion, one more reason to like finnhorses are the other finnhorse people -owners and fans. They work with the finnhorse in all its versatility. I love it how people from different backgrounds come along so well because they share this same interest. Most often these people seem to be also more laid-back than others…
- I am not a native English speaker but try to fix my flaws whenever I see them. I hate bad grammar just as much as you do.
- I hate unnecessary negativity. I do that myself but try to snap out of it. Also to remind myself that it’s ok to make mistakes and the important part is to learn from them.
- It often makes my day to see a new Like or good rating on a blog post. 1-2 star ratings are important as well so I know which posts my readers like and which ones are not as appealing.
- Lately this blog has been quite quiet because of my new job I started in September, but it’s not forgotten and I plan to keep it running. Right now I just have to readjust my schedules.
Check out these blogs
How to become a better rider and horse listener.
Another good blog about understanding your horse and building up confidence when working with them.
Finnish-born dressage rider Susanna Halonen, currently based in England.
Anna is a professional horse trainer who blogs about equine behaviour, dressage and horse training in Finnish. I visit her blog regurlarly and learn something new every time.
Every now and then I just like to surf around a variety of horse and riding related blogs just for the fun of it, for inspiration, ideas or just for networking. Hippola is a new equestrian blog portal of Finnish bloggers, an easy way to find something new to read.